Motivation – The word ‘Motivation’ is come from the word ’motive’ which indicates wishes, wants, needs among the people. It is the procedure of inspiring people to achieve the objectives. The emotional factors which inspire the people’s behavior for achieving the target of the organisation are as follows: financial solvency (money), team work, happiness in work place, appreciation etc.
One of the most significant features of management is to motivate the workers in such a way that the workers try to do the best level of their capabilities. So the function of a leader or manager is to stimulate attention in efficiency of workers in their tasks. In sort, motivation is a psychological factor which indicates wishes and desires of the people have to be handled by creating an inspiration strategy.
Motivation is a very significant for a company due to following reasons:
Get the best output from employee
To achieve the objectives each organisation needs human and financial resources. To get the best output from human resources motivation is very important. This is possible by creating willingness in employee’s mind to work. Motivation can help the company to obtain best possible usage of sources.
Develop various skills of employees
The quality of a employee or a worker does not related with his educations and talents. To get the best of his output, organisations have to fill up the gap between ability and desire for the work. This will effect into-
a. Increase in efficiency,
b. Reduce expenditure of operations,
c. Improving overall productivity.
Guide to accomplishment of organisational objectives
The objectives of a company can be obtained by taking position the following aspects:-
There is best potential usage of sources.
Ensure a helpful workplace.
The workers are goal-oriented and they act in a planned manner.
Objectives can be obtained if skill and support occurs at the same time which can be successfully done by motivation.
Develop friendly relationship
Motivation is a significant aspect that fulfills the workers desires. This is possible by keeping a incentive plan for the welfare of the workers. This can be done by the following techniques:
a. Monetary and non-monetary rewards,
b. Promotion possibilities for workers,
c. Disincentives for ineffective and lazy workers.
To create a friendly and helpful environment for an organisation motivation is very significant. By motivating employees organisation can get the following advantages:
• Efficient support that make balance,
• Industrial unrest and anxiety in workers will reduce,
• The workers will be flexible and there will be no conflict to deal with the change,
• This will assist in offering a effective and simple issue in which personal interest will adjust with the company interests,
• This will help to maximization of profit by increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Create balance of labor force
Balance of labor force is very essential from the perspective of popularity and goodwill of the organisation. When the employees consider themselves as a part of management then they will devoted to the organisation. The efficiency of workers will always be benefited for the organisation. This will create a good reputation for the organisation and this will help to get the qualified employee.
Therefore, we can say that motivation is an mental sensation which can be applied only by supervisors since he is close related with the workers.
It can be concluded that motivation is significant both for an organisation and individuals as well.
It is significant for an individual as:
1. Motivation will assist to accomplish the personal objectives.
2. If a person is inspired, he will satisfy with his job.
3. Motivation will assist a person to develop himself.
4. An individual can achieve his goal by working with a active group.
Motivation is also significant to an organisation as:
1. The more inspired the workers are, the more active the group is.
2. The more is the group and individual worker participate, the organisation will be more profitable.
3. At the time of modification, there will be more flexibility and creativeness.
4. Motivation will create a positive and cheerful mind-set for employee.